Low Sex Drive Specialist
Erectile Dysfunction Specialists located in Mobile, AL
Low sex drive in men commonly increases with age, as testosterone levels tend to decline beginning in their 30s or 40s. Don’t let a low sex drive cause problems in your relationship. The team of medical experts at The Male Method in Mobile, Alabama, have solutions that can increase your sexual appetite. To learn more, book an appointment online or over the phone today.
Low Sex Drive Q & A
What is low sex drive?
Low sex drive is a loss of sexual interest that occurs for various reasons in men and women. This condition naturally increases with age in men, but many men maintain some sexual desire into their 70s and beyond. If low sex drive bothers you or causes problems with your relationship, medical solutions are within reach.
What are the symptoms of low sex drive?
The main symptom of a low sex drive is that you are less sexual than you once were. Other symptoms may include:
- Having no interest in sexual activity
- Seldom or never having sexual thoughts
- Feeling concerned about a lack of sexual desire
Some men feel comfortable with a low sex drive, but if you or your partner are concerned about it, check in with the medical team at The Male Method.
What causes low sex drive in men?
Increasing age isn’t the only cause of low sex drive in men. You might experience loss of sexual desire because of:
- Fatigue or sleep disorders
- Low testosterone
- An endocrine disorder
- Medication side effects
- A past traumatic sexual experience
The cause of low sex drive isn’t always clear, but determining possible reasons for it can help the team at The Male Method establish an appropriate treatment for you.
What are the health benefits of sex and ejaculation?
Believe it or not, having sex and ejaculating regularly offers health and wellness benefits for men, such as:
- A stronger immune system
- Better blood pressure control
- A lower risk of heart disease
- A higher sex drive
- Increases in calorie expenditure
- Better pain management
- Improved sleep
- Lower stress levels
Sex with a partner, nocturnal emission, and masturbation are all ways to ejaculate to reap these and other health benefits.
What is the treatment for low sex drive?
Your team at The Male Method will determine what’s causing your low sex drive and develop a treatment plan you are comfortable with. Your provider may suggest:
- Testosterone therapy if your levels are low
- Antidepressant medications
- Medications or injections for erectile dysfunction
- Natural remedies for stress relief
- Extracorporeal shock wave therapy using pulsating sound waves to improve penile blood flow and enhance erections
When you’re ready to get your sex life back on track, book an appointment online or over the phone with The Male Method.